HOT CHOCOLATE, – my favorite thing in the entire world during the holiday season. When the weather outside gets frightful, there’s certainly nothing more delightful than curling up with a homemade hot chocolate. A warm, velvety-smooth mixture of rich cream and dark chocolate. Simply – TO. DIE. FOR. ! Unlike its sweeter cousin, hot cocoa, hot chocolate is an old fashion recipe and a great mixture out of real chocolate and cocoa powder. This awesome homemade treat only requires a few ingredients and only a couple of minutes on the stove top. So let’s get it started…
What you’ll need for your yummiest hot chocolate
- whole milk (Cashew / Almond milk if you prefer to make it dairy free.)
- 5 ounces of 60% dark chocolate, finely chopped.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
- 2 Tsp. brown sugar.
- Combine the chocolate, cocoa, and brown sugar, than whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan. This helps break up any lumps in the cocoa or sugar.
- Add milk and set the saucepan over to medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally, until hot and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Top it with small marshmallows and a dusting of cocoa, if desired.
Serve with your favorite side of cookies aaaand et voila, all ready too enjoy!
Grab your favorite book, or put on a beautiful Christmas movie and enjoy your wonderfully sweet n’ homemade hot chocolate.