Talking about what I eat in a day in my last food post, today I’ll be sharing my gluten-free homemade granola recipe with you guys. Since most of the store-bought products are high in sugar and packed with unnecessary ingredients, I love me some good self created gluten-free breakfast option. This recipe is super quick and easy, and it also allows you to choose every ingredient, and the amount of honey you want to have in your granola by yourself.
What you’ll need
- Gluten-free oats
- Coconut oil
- Honey or maple syrup
- Additional ingredients like: nuts, chia seeds, berries, puffed amaranth, cinnamon, chocolate flakes…
For my perfect homemade granola you would need the following:
- 2 cups of gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I love almonds and walnuts in it)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 handfull dried cranberries
- another handful of gluten-free/no sugar cornflakes
- and 2 -3 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- a hint of cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Put your dry ingredients in a bowl and mix through.
- Add honey and melted coconut oil to the dry mix.
- Stir until everything sticks together and starts to form little crumbs.
- Spread mixture, in a thin layer, on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until it starts to get lightly roasted. (Don’t forget to mix the granola from time to time and please make sure it doesn’t burn)
This is a very open recipe, you can vary it however you feel like. You can simply throw in your favorite ingredients until you have your perfect desired granola. Top it with your choice of yogurt (I recommend coconut or soy-yogurt) and et voilá, you just created some crunchy homemade granola heaven. One of my absolut favorite breakfasts ever, also great as a healthy snack for in between.
Another super simple, yet most delicious recipe.