I don’t know about you but, you can always get me with yummy food. Especially when it’s fresh & homemade. In my last post 20 facts about me I already revealed that I am obsessed with nougat chocolate, when it comes to salty food tho, my guilty pleasure would def. be – Guacamole & Chips.
I could eat bowls full of it, at any time. Creamy rich guacamole on a crispy, salty chip is my idea of perfection. It is super easy to make, glutenfree and vegan friendly. And on top of that, these buttery green babies right there are very good for you. Like veeeeery good! Avocados are loaded with fiber, beta – carotene, Vitamin A, B, C, E, K and minerals, such as – potassium, magnesium, iron. Pretty healthy right?! Ok, but now let’s get to the recipe…
What you’ll need:
- Tortilla chips (preferably out of organic corn.)
- 1 Avocado
- Shredded cheese ( if you prefer to create a vegan version, simply replace the regular cheese with vegan cheese.)
- Sour cream (again, if you prefer to make it vegan, simply skip the sour cream on top/or replace with vegan sour cream)
- Salt, pink pepper & chilli
- Lemon or lime
- Cut ripe Avocado in half. Remove seed. Cut the inside of the avocado with a knife and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Place in bowl.
- Mesh the avocado with a fork. ( Don’t over do it, the guacamole should be a little chunky.)
- Add salt, lime or lemon juice, and the rest.
- Adjust to your taste.
- Meanwhile: preheat oven grill to hot.
- Place corn chips into a bowl and sprinkle over shredded cheese.
- Place under the grill and let it sit for 3-5 mins until golden.
- Layering the guacamole and sour cream on top of the golden, cheese nachos. DONE ✓
Feel free to experiment! I made the simplest version of guacamole, but you can always go bigger by adding onions, black pepper, jalapenos, or simply salsa.
Ready to enjoy. ❤︎