My obsession for chocolate is no secret anymore. If raw, or processed in freshly baked goods & desserts, – everything chocolate literally calls my name! So obviously, as I am hosting this years Christmas dinner for my family… I somehow wanted to include my beloved chocolate in the menu. Besides my traditional dinner choices, like roasted turkey with red cabbage and dumplings, I wanted to top off our feast with one of those desserts you know, an impressive dessert that everyone will remember. And tatatatatataaaaaaaaa… here it is, – I came up with the most delicious, sweet & creamy, no – bake Christmas treat that will definitely make it into the “Best Dessert Of All Time” ranking.
Not only is this recipe super easy to recreate, it is sooooo heavenly delicious that even Santa would love it. Whether if you are preparing a traditional or a more rustic Christmas dinner this year – this holiday treat is just the perfect complementary for it all! The best part?! – you will master this classic dessert in less than 20 minutes. No need for hours and hours in the kitchen, more time to enjoy!
What you’ll need
As mentioned above you will only need 3 ingredients for this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream.
- a bag full of Spekulatius
- 12 ounces ViVANI white cooking chocolate ( + chopped chocolate for decorating.)
As you can imagine, as a professional chocolate tester, which I am – I tried so many chocolates in my life! There are huge differences between a chocolate and a chocolate with a great quality. I’ve been loving and using ViVANI white cooking chocolate since I first discovered it, until that day I didn’t find any other chocolate that comes even close to this one! Especially for this recipe, where white chocolate is the key ingredient, I highly recommend using a cooking chocolate with only the best quality! You will taste the difference…
ViVani’s cooking chocolate is made out of only the finest organic, raw ingredients… No other chocolate is so incredibly smooth and has such an amazing creamy consistency. It is truly THE most delicious chocolate out there. And my forecast – you will most likely find yourself snacking on it while creating this recipe – that kinda good, you know ?!
- In a small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup of the cream on medium heat. The cream should get hot and slightly bubbly on the edges, but do not bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the cream and chocolate are completely combined. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.
- With an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, beat the other 3/4 cup cream on high until soft peaks form. Once the chocolate mixture is cool, fold it into the whipped cream using the paddle attachment.
- Place the creamy texture in the fridge for a little bit
- Meanwhile chopp the Spekulatius and white chocolate.
- Then layer mouse and spekulatius in a see though glass and topped it with your chopped white chocolate and whole Spekulatius cookies.
Whether if you want to make this recipe ahead or you create it last minute. Works either way!
And et voila… this is it, my sweet and eye – catching “White Chocolate Spekulatius Mousse”. TO. DIE. FOR.
Be ready to share this recipe – your loved ones are gonna ask you about it! PROMISE!